Mac Malware Sighting
Computer security company Trend Micro is reporting that a new Mac OS X malware application is making the rounds. The application, called OSX_LAMZEV.A, gives hackers a way to take control of infected Macs. This is the second report of Mac OS X malware this week.
This is not a virus, and users must actually launch the app for it to install its payload. Once running, the app also asks which firewall port it can use. Trend Micro reports that “Mac users may be infected when they access remote websites hosting this backdoor. The backdoor may also be disguised as a legitimate application and may be installed and executed on systems.”
No comments yet.
- Keyboard Shortcuts for OS X
- Keywords in iPhoto
- How to Protect Your Battery
- Using Address Book
- Active Screen Corners
- Talking Text
- Mac Malware Sighting
- Create the best presentation you’ve ever seen with Apple’s Keynote
- “Free” Apple Laptop Recovery Solution Available
- NY Post raises Steve Jobs health scare
- Free 3D Solitaire for OS X
- Keep Track of Everything with a FREE Application